Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Honors History Blog

1. Discuss your successes as an honors student this past semester.

I think that being in honors has not only helped me push myself to achieve the best that I can in my favorite subject, but it has also helped me out a lot in a sense of writing essays. I’m better at writing theses and I’m better at evaluating and analyzing an essay promt.

2. Discuss what you might have done differently if you do this past semester of honors over again.

Definitely I would make a better effort to get all of my blog assignments done, and time management with my essays and my reading schedule.

3. Discuss your goals for honors in the second semester.

I really want to get a better grade second semester, because I feel like I’m capable of it, and I can, I just forget to turn things in even though I finished them!

4. If you could choose any parts of literature and history for our honors work, what would you pick and why?

I would choose the Holocaust for History, because I am so interested in it, and since it’s a part of my family’s culture, I think it would be extremely helpful to me. Essentially, I think it would help out the common stereotype that only African Americans suffered in the past, because it’s not true. For literature I would really love to read George Orwell, because I feel like the prompt could be really interesting to write about, like the free and wild thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on your blog! Very specific. I love the enthusiasm also. :)

    ReplyDelete