Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MSB- The Beginning

What ideas do you have for Media Saves the Beach? What content interests you? What projects might you create?

I really don't know what I want to do for MSB. I want it to be original and unlike anyone else's, but I'm having trouble coming up with an idea that will communicate what we are learning with photography and with what I'm interested in. Watching Jessica Matthew's video on the Great Plastic Gyre really interested me actually. I first learned about it last year in Charlene's class and it has always fascinated me. I might tie something in with Dog Beach in Encinitas. I know it's far, but it's a gorgeous beach and I definitely think that it has potential for a great photojournalism project. I'm sure you can tell so far that I want to do photography as my final product. I have already taken a great interest in photography and I don't want to take pictures of Ocean Beach like everyone else in Randy's class. I want to do Encinitas because I think it would be a great place to connect that there are other creatures that need clean water too! Randy spoke about how we need to make a difference, not just make people think about it, make them ACT. I want to emphasize how important it is that clean water and water testing is a necessary thing. The La Jolla Cove is home to dozens of sea lions who's home is in danger! We need to make an impact NOW, time is running out.


HOLD ON, IDEA BURST!

I want to do a video now, I want to do it with 3 things, a bullhorn, knowledge, and a videocamera. I want to make it like the non smoking commercials where I just scream a bunch of facts and have a crowd drawn around me, I can make it short and sweet and by doing so I can raise awareness. I would like to concentrate on all the major beaches in San Diego, Ocean Beach, Mission Beach/Bay, Pacific Beach and most importantly, La Jolla Cove.

No comments:

Post a Comment