Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Semester Reflection Part One

Sorry this didn't post, I had it saved as a draft and not published! D:


  • Describe in detail one significant academic challenge you faced this year. Why was it a challenge for you? Go in depth, use specific experiences, and explain how they contrast with a less challenging experience.
One challenge I faced during this year was channeling my emotions. I had some issues where I didn't channel my feelings "the right way" and got sent to the Dean's office. Working with such partners on projects made me feel run down and stressed out on the inside. It was challenging to work with such people because of the emotions I had felt with them in particular. A less challenging experience would be the projects I worked on with my best friend Emilie. We make a really nice pair and we get our work done, and I think it looks great, like our Slaughterhouse Five project, it got done a day early too! We finished with time to spare and it was super easy and nice to do.

  • Describe one valuable mistake you made this year.
One valuable mistake I made this year was not going to office hours and caring about my math grade enough. I took initiative at the end of the year for the final but still didn't care enough for the quizzes before it. I would have passed with probably a low B or a mid B and wouldn't have to be praying for a 3% increase so I can pass with an 80%.

  • What is your greatest strength as a student in a project-based learning environment?
My greatest strength probably would be my leadership abilities. I can take the lead at any given time with limited resources, I'm good at pulling things together at the last minute. I love taking the lead with things and helping manage projects. Such as Ampersand, I definitely had to butt my way into the group, but I'm glad I did, I helped take on tasks as a managing editor and I feel like my contributions helped the book in a lot of different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment