Monday, January 18, 2010

Internship Project Description

First, provide a complete & detailed project description.
For internship I have two projects I need to accomplish. I need to come up with a podcast proposal for NCM, so that we could potentially have a weekly podcast aimed at whatever age group I choose to propose it about. My second project is the "Bi-Weekly Blog" which I still feel should be named "As Told by Hallie". I have to write 2 blogs a week about anything I think should be written about and try to attract people to read it and come in to the museum. You can see my first blog about Fundreds here; http://www.thinkplaycreate.org/blog/?p=1096

Project description

Internship site: The New Children's Museum
Department: Education Programs
Project Title: The Bi-Weekly Blog and Podcast Proposal Project
General Description: A twice weekly blog about anything concerning the museum, and a proposal for the museum to make weekly podcasts.
Learning Objectives: The one thing that I need to learn that should help me a lot in my future is how to propose things. I don't know how to make a proposal or an offer, aside from bartering merchandise. I am really good with persuading and writing which thankfully are the main staples of my projects.
Organization/Company Objectives & Benefits: With both projects, we can gain appeal and hopefully draw more people into the museum who weren't likely to come in in the first place.
Schedule:
Blog- twice weekly, so it will finish when internship is over, and I do it Mon/Tues and Thurs/Fri of the week.
Podcasts- that will hopefully be done by the start of next week to the middle of next week. Most of my time this week will be spent on that.
Academic Skills: The skills necessary to the completion of my projects are mostly Humanities based. Lots of writing, and in my first blog for NCM I used the news story layout. I have a lot of appealing to do in my blogs and especially in my podcast because the goal is for it to be approved.
Technical Skills: Lots of researching and compiling. Also, familiarizing myself with all of the programs I have to use.
Collaboration—Skills and Opportunities: I'm also apart of the Teen Advisory Council here at the museum, so I can tie in a lot of what I do in my internship to what I do with TAC.
Exhibition Plans: My exhibition plans are all going to be displayed online and on the NCM Blog or website hopefully. I will probably be exhibiting my first podcast through Quicktime.

Next, provide a summary of your week.
I really enjoy coming to the museum like I actually work here and I make a contribution even in the slightest bit. I met some challenges with the blogs because I got to a point where I really just did not know what to do with them, I was so confused about what I should write about then I had to dig in to what I would want to read and thought, lets market the idea of coming here as a teenager! I would describe the first week as getting into a pool very slowly and then deciding its not worth it and doing a huge cannonball in. The first couple days were like a stick your toes and feet into the pool and get used to it, or at least try. You see it doesn't work so well and you figure okay well move it or lose it I need to get started on everything I don't have time for being nervous around other working people and you jump in and you're immediately surrounded by a 9 to 5 job and actual tasks that someone who worked there would have. It is such a cool feeling to fit in with an actual museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment