Sunday, January 10, 2010

Internship #2

What have you actively done to start off on the right note?
During the two days we have been at internship, I have been extremely courteous to all of the staff members, trying to contribute my ideas as much as possible and to not be a nuisance to them. I've been silently watching on the sidelines watching the flow of the office and I feel like I now know enough to be able to start co-existing in the same office as everyone else. I absolutely love interning there. It's only been 2 days and I'm already upset that it will be over so soon.

What have you actively done to create interesting opportunities for yourself?
I created my own project pretty much that was adapted at the same time as my MYO Teen Council project was. So now, I've taken it upon myself to get as much of everything as I can done before internship is over, and concentrate on mostly the Teen Event we are planning. I've already found a band to play at it, and I've also been actively looking for more entertainment acts.

What have you actively done to advance the interests of your mentor and/or site?
Well, this question kind of confuses me and doesn't make sense to me, so I'm going to talk about how I feel like I've made a good impression on my mentor and her fellow employees. Firstly, I believe very strongly in respect and broadcasting it as much as I can, I'm polite to everyone I meet, I try to finish every task that I am given within a good amount of time and to the best of my ability, I am prompt and on time and I try and look deeper for more and more options of work I can be doing. I have already been to a meeting with most of the staff that works closely with my mentor Lauren, but I have worked closest with Darci, our Events Coordinator. She is super nice and has great ideas for the teen events. I always try and make my perspective heard because I am coming from a younger age group, which I feel could be beneficial to the museums teenage range of museum-goers.

What can you do in the immediate future to improve yourself and your experience in the above areas?
I feel like the speed that I am going, and since I have been related to the museum for such an extended amount of time, that I am a good intern, and I think that really taking on more tasks and doing work that carries on to after internship ends could help. I really do feel like my experiences at school with blogging have helped me with my internship since I have to have a bi-weekly blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment