Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mentor Questions

Where did you grow up?

I’m an air force brat, so I grew up all over—born in Omaha, Nebraska, lived in Ohio, Alabama, and Santa Maria, California.


Where did you go to school?

I did my BA at the University of California, San Diego, and my MA at the University of California, Riverside.


Do you have any interesting educational experiences?

I loved my programs at both UCSD and UCR. Something that really sticks out for me is work I did as a grad student in several Riverside High schools. I taught a course called “podcasting in the arts” and really loved working with the high school students.


Where did you work before NCM?

In college I worked for Trader Joes while doing internships at UCSD and the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego. After college I worked for MCASD, the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., as a Teaching Assistant at UCR.


Do you have any siblings?

Yes, I have one brother who is 25 years old.


If you could move anywhere where would it be?

I can’t choose one place! Here are a few of my top choices: New York City, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, Spain, France, Sweden.


What do you wish you had done after college but haven't/didn't?

Taught English abroad for a year or two, or backpacked around South America.


What do you want to do before you die?

I want to speak Spanish fluently, live in New York City for at least one year, visit artist Donald Judd’s museum in Marfa, Texas, travel to (just to name a few places) India, China, Russia (where my family is from), Japan, Thailand, Peru, and Croatia, and become an expert seamstress.

No comments:

Post a Comment