Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Internship!

What new appreciations (for who? of what?) have you gained through internship that you did not have before? How did you develop these appreciations?

I have a new appreciation for everyone who works at a museum. I did not in a million years think it would be this hard to run a museum! I also have a new appreciation for my mentor Lauren. She is the person that so many people go to because she seems to have all the answers and ideas. I really developed these by just watching and listening to what people say about her when I tell them she's my mentor and listening in on what people say about the attendance of the museum, all the artists etc.. I have also gained a new respect for the people who staff the floors, they have to stand out there monitoring the safety of children all day and they all love it.

3 comments:

  1. wow hallie it sounds like you are learning a low about the museum and all the stuff that goes into it, and not just from our MYO perspective! i miss you lets hang out soon and keep up the good hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss you too and working here definitely gives me great ideas for myo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallie-
    your project work so far looks really cool. i enjoyed reading about Fundreds. Sabrina and I are looking forward to the visit tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete